Collection of information
We may collect any information you provide to us. We may collect information from you in a variety of ways, such as when you: (a) create an account to edit this wiki, (b) contact us or provide feedback or (c) collect information as part of our volunteer activities. This information may include but is not limited to your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, photo, geographic location, and your social media handles.
How we may use your information
We may use the information we collect from and about you to:
- Fulfil the purposes for which you provided it;
- Provide and improve this site or DLBC materials;
- Host events and collaboration calls;
- Send you information about DLBC activities;
- Process and respond to your enquiries;
- Conduct analytics, research, and reporting, including to synthesise and derive insights from information you have collected;
- Comply with the law to protect the safety, rights, property, or security of our users, and the general public
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected. We may use de-identified and/or aggregated data for any purpose, including research and publications.
Possible disclosure to other parties
We may disclose and/or share your information under the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We may disclose your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf, including event management, data storage, data analysis and processing.
- When you register for an event or call, we may share your information with vendors, third party contractors, partner organisations, and volunteers for the purpose of organising and running the event and related activities.
- Consent. We may disclose your information to third parties based on your consent to do so.
- Aggregate/De-identified Information. We may disclose de-identified and/or aggregated data in our publications.
Exercising your rights
You have various rights with respect to the collection and use of your information, including confirmation of whether we hold certain information about you, to access such information, and to obtain its correction or deletion in appropriate circumstances. You may have the right to object to our handling of your information, restrict our processing of your information, and to withdraw any consent you have provided. To exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com with the nature of your request.